Friday, October 30, 2009

the downward swing

these are beautiful days, deep into autumn, thinking about winter (sounds like who cannot think about with all of the early snow around the globe everyone is talking about...). Football (both the round and oblongkind) and cyclocross are in the meaty part of the season - I still have yet to race, but in training I am a champion... Next weekend we get to drill ourselves, and I even conned some unsuspecting cyclists to join me in an hour of pain worship to the grass gods - good times. IF vs. Fixie Inc is the billing, I have carved Holger's name into my EDGE carbon bar and I look forward to taking him to the ropes on his disc-brake, single speed, fixed geared Pure Blood. Sorry Holger - but this ain't bike polo. I still want to see him bunny hop that bad boy.

We live in Füssen which fortunate for us happens to be one of the more beautiful spots on the face of the planet. here are some pics:








Overtime I have built up a tasty selection of gnarly technical singletrails, fast forest road, back-woods cyclocross and high alpine rides to select from - and we haven't even scratched the riding potential surface yet.

I have the craving for slow food as of late and have been experimenting in the kitchen, homemade Pumpkin Raviolis were my last creation, next up, sweet potato/ apple soup.

Sandi pulled her Pro license from the BDR, she's rolling in the big leagues again, lok out Fraulein!

Anyone up form some cross and beers next weekend?

No comments: