Sunday, February 11, 2007

Kicking the habit


This is not a 'new' album, first released in 2004, but it is for me. After hours of soaking my ears in the fresh, edgy sounds of XMU, I have discovered some new tunes to listen to, Grand National is one of these groups. The album "Kicking the National Habit" is a rebirth of the classic punk sound, but with a mix of European eletronica for an up-beat lively sound. I first heard Grand National on Sasch'a "Involver" album, featuring the track "Talk Amongst Yourselves", and loved it from the first listen. In fact "Kicking the National Habit" offers up Sacha's remix as a bonus track. Never dule, nor repetitive, I found myself eagerly awaiting the next track, and not wanting to fast forward or skip a song. It is on my iPod now, and prbably will be there for awhile.

www.grand-national.net

No comments: