Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Break

Sandi & I took a week to recharge in Mexico, we were in Playa del Carmen to just drop out, which was perfect. Besides getting a great tan (got rid of those silly biker tan lines!), we did some sea kayaking- actually getting some great wave rides in, sailed a Hobie Cat each day, played lots of beach volleyball, and even some beach bocchia. Ate lots of sea food, and local cusine, checked out the ruins in Tulum, and enjoyed the great atmosphere down there. I was suprised how much the climate there rejuvinated my skin and hair. It was a much needed break, and we feel fresh.

The day we returned to Gunnison it was near 60, and I broke out my tan by riding two days in a row in a shortsleeve jersey and shorts! The trails up around the college are dry, and it felt so good to be on some single track again.

No comments: