Monday, September 13, 2010

EuroBike and Beyond

Since sometime in July it has been head down and lots of action at the CremaCycles world HQ. Between preparing our new catalogue, prepping for EuroBike and readying myself for a month back in my old stomping grounds in Colorado, I have had barely enough time to breath let alone anything else. Fast forward nearly two months and I am sitting in my old coffee shop Mochas in Gunnison in the middle of my US trip. Several solid days of a high-altitude recreation, good rides and seeing some old good friends.

EuroBike was our high point of the season for CremaCycles with several things coming together at the show. If you haven't checked out my previous post of the awesome ertzui cross clip, do so. Those guys are AV magicians making CX, Crema and yours truly never looking so good! Thanks you guys rock. Sadly I missed out on the premier of the Critical Film (movie from the Critical Dirt race we did this summer) can't wait for that.  Back to the show, we had the CX clip running in loop along with other ertzui flicks on our flatscreen in the booth, the best espresso on the show flowing out to eager showgoers, and our new catalogue to feast the eyes on. The vibe was awesome and the feedback positive. Now I am playing catch up from the road trying to get back to all of the inquiries via WiFi.

We have found some great synergy with Biciclista during the year at all of the show we have done together, be looking for more of this in 2011 plus some bigger and better things! Stefano did a fantastic job printing our wall for the stand and a huge thanks to him and Mario for helping set up and tear down. No way I would have made my flight with out those two! Also thanks for the yummy wine from Mario!

With in 24hours of tearing the stand down I was on my way with family in tow to the airport for a good dose of Americano culture. After landing in Denver, we picked up a sweet loaner 29er belt drive single speed Spot brand bike to have at our beck and call for the duration of our Urlaub. We dialed it in by hitting the trails in Bear Creek State Park in Denver before heading to the high-country the next day.

In true outdoor lifestyle fashion, Sandi & I took turns strapping Colin to our back for a hike up and down trail 403 out of Gothic, one of my favorite mtb trails. In the afternoon it was time to tunr the pedals on the ss29er out at Hartman Rocks. The next day we took turns doing laps on Upper/ Wetstone/ Stand up in CB. Day three in Gunni had us riding Hartmans once again, Sandi charged it with Jenny and I went out later with a good riding buddy Eddy. Good times!

Exhausted but happy, we are packing it up and will continue our adventures in Telluride, Sedona and then back up through Colorado.

Stay tuned...

No comments: