Wednesday, August 08, 2007

'crossingletrack

I am not much of a roadie, I like to feel dirt under my wheels. So today for my tempo 'road' ride, the bike path from Carbondale to Basalt lead me to West Sopris road, and eventually a nice dirt climb. Sweating under the return of the summer sun, I climbed, continuing my game of catchup in prep for the 'cross season. No weight training (just started), no big races in my legs, just the desire and fire inside to be fast come the meaty part of the season.

My reward for my efforts, besides some good feeling pain, was some sweet singletrack going down Prince Creek, a ribbon of twisting and turning singletrack. Sorry no pics, I was having too good of a time to stop for a photo op of my bike (or tagging links of my bike and sponsors like a NASCAR driver - leave that for when you are on the podium at a big race - not a town series). However, I will say riding a cross bike on singletrack is one of my more favorite things to part-take in, not too mention the skills gained in this endeavor. Down in the drops you can get flying, and once you have the rhythm, you can really haul the mail - and Greg, I did not roll any tires.

The road descent from the bottom of the singletrack is so fast, I dropped a car going back into Carbondale.

Jonathan Page will be joining us for our Koppenberg Cross Week in Belgium for two days of riding and dinner. We will pre-ride Koppenberg with Page the day before the race and have dinner that night, and will also ride with him the following Friday. The trip is from October 28 - November 4, and costs $2500 not including airfare, but most everything else! It will surely be a great time. www.bikeandskieventures.com for all of the details.

3 comments:

Greg said...

That is a RAD way to spend a day, Ken!! The Kopp trip sounds awesome, man. Tall Pagey page I love him and to lay wood on the Belgies. I'll try my best in January (against the old farts)

34x18 said...

I might be lining up at Masters Worlds as well...

Jared Roy said...

Ken, I just sent you an email about the trip. I'm interested